Saturday, October 3, 2015

Wicked Awesome Space Art by Kerstin Jacobs

A sweet painting that envisions the New Horizons flyby of Pluto earlier this year
Here's some awesomeness to brighten your day. All the images on this post are from an artist named Kerstin Jacobs. You can find these and more at Jacobs' website and Instagram and Twitter accounts. For instance, check out this rad piece of work:


I think my favorite piece from what Jacobs has online is this image of Jupiter and the Galilean Moons. You may recall that my graduate research has some relevance to our astrobiological investigations of the icy worlds of our solar system, so worlds like Europa and Ganymede have a special place in my thoughts:


I highly recommend checking out the rest of Kerstin Jacobs' work. Definitely some kickin' space art!

No comments:

Post a Comment