Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Catching Up While Losing My Way

This past week has been monumentously disastrous for my psyche in the short term, devastatingly hurtful for my best friend all around, and, yet, perhaps a good kick in the butt for me in the long run.  The beauty of making mistakes in life, regardless of the pain they cause, is that there is always some potential for making amends.  Those who know me personally most likely know the troubles I'm going through, most of which I quite obviously caused myself.  Those who don't know me personally may likely have at least seen the despair and sorrow carried in my face of late.  I've been thinking of ways to improve myself, to climb out of this hole I've dug myself into, and to do my best to make up for the hurt I've caused.  I think one day I'll look back at this time as a time when I used the best in me to fix the worst in me, but right now I'm still dealing with the latter more than I should like.

No comments:

Post a Comment