Tuesday, September 11, 2012

New NAI teams

The NASA Astrobiology Institute (NAI) recently announced they have selected five new teams to be funded for the coming years.  The new teams are from the University of Washington, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the University of Wisconsin, Madison, the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, and the University of Southern California.  I'm excited for these new teams, but also a little bummed.  

Our university had a proposal in to become a new team as well, but, alas, we were not selected.  One of the things that brought me to CU in the first place was the CU Astrobiology Center and the collaboration of researchers on this campus in the realm of astrobiology.  I think it's time for the astrobiologists of Colorado to really start working together and try to build something special of our own.  I hope in my coming years as a graduate student I can be involved in growing the community of astrobiologists here at CU.  

No comments:

Post a Comment