Friday, October 28, 2011

Cosmobiology?

When I first named this blog "A Cosmobiologist's Dream", I really had intended to use the word Astrobiologist instead. However, astrobiologist.blogspot.com had already been taken and I thought that this would be just as fitting.  

Well, it turns out that the term cosmobiologist has been used for a little bit of time to imply a certain type of astrology, something I have no interest in being too closely connected with. I have been considering changing the name of this blog and the URL, but I think that would be giving too much credence to those zany astrologers out there. No, I think I'll keep this term and use it the way I think it should be used. If others wish to use it in an astrological (pseudoscientific) sense, than that's their prerogative, but the term appears as though it should be scientific and so I will use it as a scientific term.

No comments:

Post a Comment