Sunday, February 13, 2011

The University Rover Challenge

Last summer I traveled with my buddy Ryan Kobrick (http://www.ryinspace.com/) down to the desert in Utah to help staff the University Rover Challenge (URC).  The URC is an annual international competition hosted by the Mars Society where teams of university/college students compete in Mars-rover style tasks using rovers that the teams have designed and built at their home institutions.  It was great to be a part of the competition.  I'll be heading out there again this coming summer for the 5th annual event.  Should be an awesome time.  I'm sure we'll have some great teams once again.  This time I hope to take some people along with me to make sure we can really get things set up quick and keep the competition rolling smoothly.  I'll be sure to take lots of awesome pictures and share them with all of my friends online.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like we're going to have three Polish teams this year!

    Current list of teams:
    -UW Mars Rover Team, University of Waterloo (Canada).
    -Brigham Young University (United States)
    -Oregon State University Robotics Club (United States)
    -"SCORPIO" Wroclaw University of Technology Rover Team, Wroclaw University of Technology (Poland)
    -The Copernicus Team, Nicolaus Copernicus University (Poland)
    -The Magma2 Team, Bialystok Technical University (Poland)
    -York University Rover Team (Canada)
    -University of Michigan Mars Rover Design Project Team (United States)

    ReplyDelete